This course will give you an understanding of what stroke is and give knowledge on how to support service users in your caring role.
- Give an understanding of what a stroke is, and its associated symptoms
- Explain some of the causes of a stroke
- Help develop effective communication skills with people who have suffered a stroke
- Assist attendees in developing effective support with mobility
- Assist attendees in developing effective support with dressing people
- Assist attendees in developing an understanding of thinking and behaviour issues
- Give an understanding of the need for person centred care
Course Duration: 3 hours
Course Costs: For costs call 01387 24911
Attendees will be expected to stay for the full three hour course to receive a certificate of attendance.