Administration of Medication for Care at Home Carers
This FREE training course is a full day course for Care at Home Carers of older adults. The Administration of Medication course is funded by Dumfries and Galloway NHS.
- Skills based workshop on administration of medicines
- Post-operative eye drops – basic training given however your practice and competency must be assessed by a district nurse before carrying out this task
- Recording administration of medicines activities using both medication charts and MAR
- Completion of a training record which forms the basis of your competency assessment in the workplace
- Multiple choice questions
- This is basic training not competency based. Competency is the care providers responsibility and must be assessed in the workplace
- A competency assessment tool is provided which can be used for “on the job” assessment of competency and form part of a regular review
Course Duration: 1 day
Course Costs: FREE for Care at Home Carers
PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE A CHARGE OF £20 PER PERSON FOR NON ATTENDANCE
A multiple choice test will take place at the end of this course. Attendees are expected to stay for the full day and test to be issued with a certificate.
Book Online Now... in Stranraer or Newton Stewart
Book Online Below... in Dumfries